Solido SD300 Pro
Quality Prototypes (that’s what you’re actually buying)
One of the first things people say when holding a part produced by the Solido SD300 Pro 3D Printer, is how it’s comparable to prototypes produced by printers that cost 10 to 20 times as much. Then, when we show them a part with a “living hinge”, they’re always impressed with the SD300 Pro’s ability to create parts with simultaneous flexibility and rigidity. While our parts aren’t the most colorful (although we have several color options), we do have the ability to print transparent parts, enabling visibility of part complexity, where one part fits within another.
Intimacy for Innovators
The SD300 Pro utilizes a method that promotes intimacy between designer and creation. Rather than wait for a prototype to return from a service bureau or cure after an exhaustive chemical bathing sequence, you can literally start revealing your part seconds after the printing cycle is complete. As you peel away residual material, your prototype comes to life in your hands. This process leads to reflection on ways to make improvements to the design, often before you’ve finished peeling the latest version. We like to think of it as adding resolution to your innovation process.
Big Reasons to Buy an SD300 Pro 3D Printer
- Durable Prototypes - Using Plastic Sheet Lamination, the SD300 Pro 3D Printer produces rugged yet flexible models made of SolidVC®, a rigid PVC based plastic. The accuracy, strength and durability of the parts produced by the SD300 Pro make them perfectly suitable for all stages of the design cycle, from concept verification through form, fit and functional testing, including snap-fit. Models can be machined, drilled, finished and painted, and they show no distortion over time.
- Ease of Use - Anyone can operate the SD300 Pro 3D Printer. The model build process requires no intervention and the replacement of consumable materials can be done by anyone - it is no more complicated than changing cartridges on a copy machine or a 2D printer. The SD300 Pro creates no ambient dust or residue so there is no cleanup required after each build.
- Low Total Cost of Ownership - The SD300 Pro 3D Printer carries both a low initial investment cost and low cost of ownership. There are no post-build curing processes required and no need for dedicated personnel. In addition, the price of the SD300 Pro consumable materials is very economical, giving an extremely attractive build cost per model.
- What You See is What You Get - no need to buy additional hardware (like chemical bathing stations requiring plumbing) to complete the prototyping process.
- Small Footprint - it can fit on a designer’s desk.